This smartphone app is available to PSCC members and public agencies with parks, forest preserves, and other open spaces with trails. Purchasing a license agreement from PSCC is required.
Download the app to your phone from the links on this page and gain access to the tours available statewide. Watch this short video to see how it works!
The app is downloadable on visitors’s smartphones for a guided audio tour of your park, preserve or trails. Photos and video can be added to enhance the outdoor experience. Other tours of parks and forest preserves in Illinois also can be downloaded, making this a must-have for the outdoor explorer.
This GPS driven app informs users about points of interest on trails that are in our app system. The Hike App itself can be purchased and downloaded for just 99¢ and is compatible on both Google Play and Apple platforms.
Current hikes on the PSCC Hike App include:
- Allerton Park Formal Garden Trail
- Byron Forest Preserve — Four Hills and River Woods
- The Conservation Foundation — McDonald Farm Tour, Dickson-Murst Farm
- Friends of Sangamon Valley — Nipper Wildlife Sanctuary
- Illinois Audubon Society — Adams Wildlife Sanctuary
- IDNR — Giant City State Park: Trillium Trail, Illinois Beach State Park, Pere Marquette State Park, Starved Rock: Wildcat Canyon/Illinois River, Starved Rock Lodge, Starved Rock: Council Overhand/Ottawa Canyon
- The Land Conservancy of McHenry County — Hennen Conservation Area
- Natural Lands Institute — Nygren Wetland, Dianne Nora Nature Trail
- The Nature Conservancy — Emiquon Preserve; Nachusa Grasslands Savanna Hike
- McHenry County Conservation District — Glacial Park, A Paddle Down Nippersink Creek
- Openlands — Lakeshore Preserve
The platform is easy to use for anyone familiar with computers. Kim Johnsen, Director of Marketing & Membership, Natural Land Institute, says, “It’s as easy as Facebook to create a new hiking trail.”
We tell our best stories on the lands we work with everyday. Go on a nature walk near you and try this new way of learning and enjoying nature around us.
Email us to find out more about the Hike App and join the growing number of PSCC members on this exciting new project.