Did you know that:
- nearly 3,200 acres of land were protected in Illinois by land trusts and government agencies last year?
- Openlands stopped a proposed 261-mile trip-state rail line that would have impacted some of the most beautiful natural resources in the Midwest?
- the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County raised and released 9,000 native freshwater mussels into the West Branch of the DuPage River?
- The Conservation Foundation protected an additional 22.5 acres in a conservation easement along the Lower Fox River?
- Lake Forest Open Lands Association finalized its sixth conservation development project in southeastern Lake County?
There is much more exciting news on the environmental front here in Illinois, all compiled in an impressive report by David Holman.
DOWNLOAD the 2017 Year In Review here, and find out what other land conservation achievements there were in Illinois in what was a very busy, and very productive year!